This week I show you how light painting the foreground in your Astrophotography photos helps make them stand out from the rest.
This will really make your astrophotography better and get you shooting great night sky photos. When I want to take better milkyway photos, this is what I do.
With a few torches and even your smartphone light, you can do a bit of light painting with the foregrounds in your astrophotography photos to get more interesting images.
It is a case of setting your camera up o the tripod, getting the settings to where you want to get a good exposure of the sky, and then whilst the shutter is open, swiping the light from left to right so you literally paint in the ground.
It will take a little while to get an idea of how much you need to do for your settings…I start off with the light on my head torch, swiping it back and forth for about 2-3 seconds…if it comes out dark do it for longer and if it is too bright, do it for less…quite quickly you can dial in your light painting skills until you get a good shot.
I always light paint my foregrounds with a small light and it makes my photos look so much better…..with a bit of experimentation, you can do this too to make your photos so much better.
I also shoot the stars with a full frame camera: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPVEE…
The principles are the same, with a few subtle differences…
I also have a more recent video on the top 10 ultra wide lenses for astrophotography here: https://www.boxheadmike.com/10-ultra-wide-lenses-for-astrophotography/
…and you can find my astrophotography playlist here: https://www.boxheadmike.com/astrophotography/
To sign up for my weekly emails click on this link: http://www.bit.ly/BHMemail
Want to buy a Camera today!?: https://amzn.to/2EHdOOh
Foo Fighters T-shirts: https://amzn.to/34hBvqg
My Equipment list:
- Godox AD200: https://amzn.to/2Hxn59V
- Star Tracker: https://amzn.to/2Lr4f7W
- Big tripod for tracker: https://amzn.to/2Ye3AN2
- Tiny tripod for travelling: https://amzn.to/31JucGq
- Sony A7iii: https://amzn.to/2IIq4fm
- Samyang 14mm: https://amzn.to/31yjBw7
- Batis 25mm: https://amzn.to/2WDQKb0
- Tamron 28-75mm https://amzn.to/2MLLwWe
- Sony 85mm: https://amzn.to/2WK8phd
- Ifootage carbon tripod legs: https://amzn.to/3kvDA7X
- Manfrotto ball head: https://amzn.to/3dWHwvW
- Rode NTG3 Microphone: https://amzn.to/35wc6sB
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which means at no extra cost to you I will make a small commission, if you click them and make a qualifying purchase.
My Favourite online Photographers:
- Nick Page https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxv1…
- Ben Horne https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtiL…
- Michael The Maven https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFId…
- Thomas Heaton https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfhW…
- Curtis Judd https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9Ty…
I have recently become an ambassador for Epidemic Sound which I am stoked about and I’ll be talking in the near future about getting royalty free music and sound effects…if you need good music, head over to their site for a free trail: http://share.epidemicsound.com/boxhea…
If you would like to see more, subscribe and turn on notifications for weekly videos, hints and tips and more. If you know anyone who would benefit from this video, share and like the video.
Music by: http://share.epidemicsound.com/boxhea…