Today I show you crop sensor astrophotography … so if you have a camera like the a6000, a6100, a6300, a6400, a6500, or the a6600 … as well as any of the other brands with a smaller sensor, you can easily get some great photographs of the stars with these cameras and some good lenses.
It is best to get a fast lens for this camera because of the smaller sensor, but you can shoot the stars with the kit lens if you know about stacking your photos. I have done a video on that as well, so check it out here.
Remember to go out when there is a new moon and clear skies to see many more stars!!
I also shoot the stars with a full frame camera: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPVEE…
The principles are the same with a full frame camera as with crops sensor astrophotography, with a few subtle differences…
I also have a more recent video on the top 10 ultra wide lenses for astrophotography here: https://www.boxheadmike.com/10-ultra-wide-lenses-for-astrophotography/
…and you can find my astrophotography playlist here: https://www.boxheadmike.com/astrophotography/
To sign up for my weekly emails click on this link: http://www.bit.ly/BHMemail
Want to buy a Camera today!?: https://amzn.to/2EHdOOh
Foo Fighters T-shirts: https://amzn.to/34hBvqg
My Equipment list:
- Godox AD200: https://amzn.to/2Hxn59V
- Star Tracker: https://amzn.to/2Lr4f7W
- Big tripod for tracker: https://amzn.to/2Ye3AN2
- Tiny tripod for travelling: https://amzn.to/31JucGq
- Sony A7iii: https://amzn.to/2IIq4fm
- Samyang 14mm: https://amzn.to/31yjBw7
- Batis 25mm: https://amzn.to/2WDQKb0
- Tamron 28-75mm https://amzn.to/2MLLwWe
- Sony 85mm: https://amzn.to/2WK8phd
- Ifootage carbon tripod legs: https://amzn.to/3kvDA7X
- Manfrotto ball head: https://amzn.to/3dWHwvW
- Rode NTG3 Microphone: https://amzn.to/35wc6sB
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which means at no extra cost to you I will make a small commission, if you click them and make a qualifying purchase.
My Favourite online Photographers:
- Nick Page https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxv1…
- Ben Horne https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtiL…
- Michael The Maven https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFId…
- Thomas Heaton https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfhW…
- Curtis Judd https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9Ty…
I have recently become an ambassador for Epidemic Sound which I am stoked about and I’ll be talking in the near future about getting royalty free music and sound effects…if you need good music, head over to their site for a free trail: http://share.epidemicsound.com/boxhea…
If you liked crop sensor astrophotography, and would like to see more, subscribe and turn on notifications for weekly videos, hints and tips and more. If you know anyone who would benefit from this video, share and like the video.
Music by: http://share.epidemicsound.com/boxhea…