This week I pit the 14mm vs 24mm for astrophotography be it the samyang, rokinon or whatever branding they have … they’re all pretty much the same lenses.
So if you are deciding which lens to pick for your astrophotography shots, this is the video for you. I show you the differences between the 14mm vs 24mm for astrophotography. These are the two cheapest full frame astrophotography lenses on the market, and when you get a good copy, they can both take some great photographs of the stars and the milkyway.
These samyang lenses are very much the first astrophotography lenses you might buy. They are cheap and they are fast…which means they have a really wide aperture. Also they are manual lenses so they are perfect for astrophotography because you can set that focus before even switching the camera on.
If you love astrophotography and want to get into it, it’s worth getting a manual lens to give you more control over what you are shooting. The samyangs are a great budget lens for astrophotography so I’m showing you the differences between the two so you can pick one if you are on a budget!
I also have a more recent video on the top 10 ultra wide lenses for astrophotography here: https://www.boxheadmike.com/10-ultra-wide-lenses-for-astrophotography/
…and you can find my astrophotography playlist here: https://www.boxheadmike.com/astrophotography/
To sign up for my weekly emails click on this link: http://www.bit.ly/BHMemail
Want to buy a Camera today!?: https://amzn.to/2EHdOOh
Foo Fighters T-shirts: https://amzn.to/34hBvqg
My Equipment list:
- Godox AD200: https://amzn.to/2Hxn59V
- Star Tracker: https://amzn.to/2Lr4f7W
- Big tripod for tracker: https://amzn.to/2Ye3AN2
- Tiny tripod for travelling: https://amzn.to/31JucGq
- Sony A7iii: https://amzn.to/2IIq4fm
- Samyang 14mm: https://amzn.to/31yjBw7
- Batis 25mm: https://amzn.to/2WDQKb0
- Tamron 28-75mm https://amzn.to/2MLLwWe
- Sony 85mm: https://amzn.to/2WK8phd
- Ifootage carbon tripod legs: https://amzn.to/3kvDA7X
- Manfrotto ball head: https://amzn.to/3dWHwvW
- Rode NTG3 Microphone: https://amzn.to/35wc6sB
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which means at no extra cost to you I will make a small commission, if you click them and make a qualifying purchase.
My Favourite online Photographers:
- Nick Page https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxv1…
- Ben Horne https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtiL…
- Michael The Maven https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFId…
- Thomas Heaton https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfhW…
- Curtis Judd https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9Ty…
I have recently become an ambassador for Epidemic Sound which I am stoked about and I’ll be talking in the near future about getting royalty free music and sound effects…if you need good music, head over to their site for a free trail: http://share.epidemicsound.com/boxhea…
If you would like to see more, subscribe and turn on notifications for weekly videos, hints and tips and more. If you know anyone who would benefit from this video, share and like the video.
Music by: http://share.epidemicsound.com/boxhea…